Monday, September 03, 2007

Happy Labor Day

It seems an appropriate holiday to end the summer break on. I return to work tomorrow to begin my thirteenth year of teaching. I always look wistfully back on the summer and there is a fair bit of adjustment returning to a work routine after a couple of restful months off. However, I must say I am very grateful to have a job and I love my career. It is hard work but rewarding to spend the day with children. I love being able to start fresh every September.

I look forward to sharing wonderful stories, songs, lessons and conversations with my students. We will share seasons and holidays together for a large handful of days and bond in a way that only a teacher and student can do. I pray that I can do my work well and be a blessing to my students and their families. God please help me to have patience and love and understanding for all the individual personalities that enter my classroom tomorrow.

No comments: